Sunday, November 12, 2006

Commercials II

I was watching a commercial today (duh, inevitable when you lounge in front of the TV) of a Toyota ad in which the dad & son are sitting in the two front seats. The father is advising the son on the how to-s of the new car, and the son is constantly being amazed by the new features that the car has. Then the father gets irritated and finally blurts out, "It's not like you just press a magic button and you're off." haha. The son, takes a look at the location of the ignition, and finds a Button (Press to start engine). And the father kicks his kid out of the car. hahah. Too funny.

Anyway, so, as I tried to search for that particular commercial, I find these. Check them out if you have time. Some of them don't have any volume, but you get the idea. Pretty creative. That's what I enjoy about the commercials. Not that they brain wash me, even though, I now am "okay" with eating McDonalds, I believe all because of the commercials focusing their attention not on kids, but on young adults, and making McD's fun & cool, but that's besides the point. I enjoy the creativity, not the deception.

http://www.pronetadvertising.com/articles/creative-commercials-that-youll-never-forget.html

2 comments:

yoko said...

some are them are pretty impressive. i like the dove one and of course the accord one you can watch is over and over..

Liddlelulu said...

Yoko, I completely agree. Dove is one of those "wake up to reality" commercials. I really like the AK Bank one as well. I think it would be so much fun creating something like that.