Sunday, April 22, 2007

San Khwan, Puerto Rico

I arrived at the San Juan Airport, got off the plane and walked guess what, it smelled like Pakistan. So much for a US territory. People here remind me of Miami, everyone is bilingual, and the older folks have an accent. The youngers seem chicano-ish...

But, yes, it smells just like Karachi. haha. 70 degrees. Humid. Raining. Sticky. and full of brown people. hahah. The only difference is that there are tons of white people roaming around in skirts and wrap arounds with elated smiles on their faces excited about their week long trip that's about to transpire.

I found the hotel where some people I met on Valuemd.org reserved a room. We're crashing in san Juan for one night and taking the 2 hr flight to Dominica together tomorrow afternoon. Fun. They're pretty chill. Not psychos--at least it seems. haha. Just kidding!

Anyway, we started discussing luggage and baggage requirements, and they apparently shipped 2-3 cartons to themselves from the states. Me? hahahah. Right. I'm waiting for the shipment from Raj Cha Cha of channa and assorted desi food sealed in aluminum packages. Right. Ma, the paratha and kababs, can be shipped as early as you like!

Anyway, I'll be living in a single bedroom dorm room at RUH (Ross University Housing) for the first semester. I'll add pictures later.

OOoooh. I forgot to take a picture, but I saw a PACMAN arcade game at the airport. How cool. Other than that, nothing new, all is well. And someone remind me to pick up a San Juan Bell before heading back for the states around August. Oh, wait, nevermind, Adnan already got me one. I'll just add this year and change it from 2002.

1 comment:

M. Rafiq said...

I can't believe I couldn't talk to you all week. This is insane. Lulu, I am sooooo sorry. I love you soo much and I want to wish you the best of luck over there. I will be sure to write you later for sure. xoxo