Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Peanut instead of Reese's

Halloween reminds me of my first halloween in Atlanta. I'm sitting at my desk studying for a Social Psychology test the next day, and I hear a doorbell. After I get up to walk to the door, I hear the chatter of the children through the thin walls, and slap my forehead.

Did I just forget about Halloween?

Yes, I did. So, I turn the light on, and run to the kitchen. I'm not a chocolate lover, I don't have sweet stuff hidden under the couch, inside the medicine cabinet, or an unopened bag from CVS! So, what do I do. I run back into my room, jump to the desk (over the heap of dirty clothes that I hadn't washed for a long long long time) and grab the big tub of roasted & salted peanuts. You know the ones you get at Costco, with the red cap. Yes. Those. I run back to the kitchen, snag a spoon from the drawer, and run back to the front door, all along yelling to the kids outside, I'll be there in a sec.. Hold on, don't go away. Okay, okay. Take a breath. Open the door...

Happy Halloween. Trick or Treat. I hope you guys are in for a treat because I have something no one else is going to give you. I dip the spoon head first and pull out a PEANUTS. haah.

As expected, the little kids, of course were disgusted with witnessing the grotesque non-colored, non-wrapped non-sweetened little non-goodies I just presented them.

However, right before I closed the door, after saying sorry a zillion times to the little angels & demons, (no literally, angel w/wings & devil w/red horns==brother/sister ) the bigger, older kids who were taking out their younger siblings, run up to the door and put out their palms. YES. Success. I pleased someone if not only myself that night! Yay! Some even stuffed their pockets with it. Ick, but who cares, I was happy my door wasn't the ugh, don't go to A15, she doesn't have anything good doors.

Good thing that only lasted a bit. I switched off the front porch light, closed my blinds, and pretended to not be home for a while. haha. I couldn't stop laughing after that little bit. I ended up writing Emily an 8 page letter about it. This obviously isn't 8 pages, so I must be missing something... hmm .. spooky.

Just a little note: Think of the past to correct your future...always have a stock of candy during the fall season...

Happy Halloween all you Trick or Treaters.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We bought candy. Lots of candy! The only thing we were missing were the trick or treaters. We anticipate gaining 5 pounds each by the end of next week.
Actually, we didn't really buy all the candy, most of it was just left overs from 23mi raat. We thought we'd finish it all in one night, or give some away to nicely dressed cute little costumed kids but looks like the destiny of those hersheys and kit kats lies with us.

Anonymous said...

Ok..so that's not where the comment was supposed to go.
I am obviously not a blogger.
i am a thinker.
I think i like thinking better than bhloghinng

Liddlelulu said...

Ahmad,
It's all good. You can be a thinker... out loud.. which is called "blogging" hah.

I know what you mean about the candy. When co-workers bring in tons of candy contraband from their children's stashes, all that sugar just lumps up in one area in our bodies...somewhere NO ONE can miss.hahah.

Anonymous said...

if i had a dime for every time ive heard this story... haha. it is very lulu-ish though. perfect lulu halloween story. :)

Liddlelulu said...

Come on Marya, you'd only make about $5. hahaha. (I know that's actually like 50 times...that I've told you, or someone in your presence the story....NOT)

Anonymous said...

Omigawd. When I wrote that comment, I was going to write: "I know, I know,I'd probably only make $5. But that's still alot when you do the math... " You are sooo frickin predictable. I love it.

Mohammed said...

You just reminded me of this one house on my street where every year, instead of candy, they would give nickels. And then as I got a little older and inflation was I guess up, they started giving out dimes. I still don't know what to make of it? Is that really a good treat?!

Liddlelulu said...

Mohammed,

Just imagine Halloween as a form of Eid. Imagine if all the houses gave nickels & dimes instead of candy. How much money do you think you'd make on Halloween?

That's pretty funny about the owners of the house taking inflation into account for trick or treaters. Very considerate peoples.