Friday, July 28, 2006

Postcards



I love Postcards!!!

Well, ever since I started my Bell collection, people have been assuming I want THEM to bring me bells. Uh, NO! Bells are my souvenirs from places I have personally been.

So, as a parallel, I've requested others who so willingly usually bring me back something I don't want, to bring me back a MAGNET and to send me a postcard from the places they visit. Usually from their trip I request ONE postcard and/or ONE magnet (even if they visit 20 different countries or local ostrich farms.)

Well, now rather than a request for a postcard, it has become a nagging process, but I make sure to nag at people who are naggable (i.e., family, friends, acquaintances, anyone I've met or spoken with at least once. haha)

Currently, my freezer door is PACKED surface to surface with postcards and magnets that Marya has so delightfully arranged in a columnar fashion. I think I might have to cross over to the Refrigerator door side.

Anyway, I've found that Snapfish allows for making postcards with your own pictures. How lovely! I sent my first two to my mom and my sister.



Just wanted to plug Snapfish for this amazing treat. "I'm Lovin' It "

Since I've been in Cambridge for all this while, I've been sending postcards of Boston, Cambridge, Harvard Sq, Paul Revere, the MBTA map, etc. to friends/family LEFT and RIGHT. Even now, as Hasnain & I leave this wonderful place, I'm about to drop a couple off for Pakistan & Canada (another set of Mom & Sister).

6 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

THAT IS SUCH A BAD PICTURE! DO NOT SEND THOSE POSTCARDS TO ANYONE!!!

Liddlelulu said...

You are such a dork. I look lovely.

Liddlelulu said...

Plus, Too Late.

M. Rafiq said...

I know you look hot, I'M THE ONE WHO LOOKS BAD!!!! dum dum...

M. Rafiq said...

we got the postcards. mom thought that was your handwriting on the back. she was all "lulu na writing to jo fine thayee gyaas"...:)
i broke it to her easy... not to worry. :)

Liddlelulu said...

OH my god, I was laughing literally out loud at work when I read that comment. hahah. Ma is Too funny. Give her a big wet kiss from me. And don't let her wipe it off! Shaah!