Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Superficial Wonders: Title change

My sister and I have begun to discuss issues of life, liberty and the pursuit of whatever the hell makes you happy. Actually, we've always talked about these types of crazy things. Sometimes we actually hit something really interesting, and sometimes we end up hanging up the phone abruptly to let the other cool off a little bit.

It is only after these conversations that I begin to ponder about what it was that we were really discussing. Most of the time now, I've come to the conclusion that my thinking is really superficial. My perspective on things may not be "materialistic" fine, but superficial nonetheless.

Now do not underestimate what I actually write in the next few blogs, because there may be some truth or ultimate truth to the content of them, but more than likely, there is a higher probability that I really haven't thought through the issue carefully, and need a couple more conversations with Marya to really understand what else the issue concerns.

So the Title states that I've changed the title. Yes, it was initially " The world according to Lulua." But how original is that. It really does not convey anything about me. Nor does it convey anything about what I'm going to talk about. The fact that I am writing the information means it has to be my perspective, duh. But I think Superficial wonders, really hits the nail on the head. Okay, no more cliches for the rest of the time I write in this blog.

If you continue to read this blog, you'll notice, I drift a lot. Similar to someone who really doesn't have her thoughts all figured out. I'm working on that. I think writing like Doogie Howser, MD about my life's events and tribulations will help me out in the long run.

So, no Judging Amy, uh, I mean, Lulua. Okay?

2 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

I think you underestimate yourself. You think about things. Then you think about what you thought. There may be a lot of thinking going on, but I think (haha) that you don't think you know everything. And that is not a flaw, but a quality. Know what I mean? cuz a lot of people think they "know" things once they've given it some thought. You're like Socrates. You're open to the idea that you may be wrong, which in my mind is you thinking you always "still need to think things through." Know what I mean?

Liddlelulu said...

I love reading this comment over and over again. I get a chuckle out of it every time.