Sunday, July 29, 2007

Election Results

So, the results are out. I've won. But so did the other candidate. We both won. There was a re-election because of some candidates had some unfair publicity, and the third candidate did not accept the nomination to run for the position for which I ran. So there were two of us, for two seats available for that position. So, by default, we both won. Yay.

I'm not really all that disappointed. In fact, it was the opposite, I didn't have to pull friends to my side or anything, just took it easy instead. It was an easy win, AND now, I get to be a part of the student government for my 2nd semester. How exciting.

Yay. Thanks for supporting me peeps.

3 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

Do you rememeber when you ran for treasurer or something in elementary school and dad was sooooo happy... and proud! He helped make your banner too. Remember?? Well, he told me I should be like you and be "more involved." I was like, "I'm not interested in being a part of the student body... I like to draw...and skate. And I never want to learn how to ride a bike!!!!" (Ok, I'm exaggerating there a little). :)Then he showed me how to do the whole "free hand" drawing thing.

Random memories.

Liddlelulu said...

Yup, I do remember that. It was Governor of athletic board or something corny like that, in 6th grade at McC.(I forgot how to spell it) Long time ago. I remember he helped me paint posters and all that jazz. I even had to give a speech. I was so nervous. This time, I didn't even give a speech, or even write out a statement to be submitted to the whole campus, there were only two candidates, and it was a sure thing we were both going to win as a result. Let's just hope I can keep up my grades to be able to hold the position!

Thanks for reminding me of the wonderful memory!

M. Rafiq said...

Oh yeh!!! We made basketballs and footballs and stuff on your poster. Got it.