Monday, August 07, 2006

Procrastination

I just realized, that when it comes down to crunch time, there are two types: The time that you keep saying is crunch time, when in reality there is still some time, and then there is real crunch time, where the only time left barely makes it possible to complete the task with any decency.

Right now, I'm in the former crunch time. Even with signs all around the apartment,
"I am not Lazy"
"I do not believe in Procrastination"
"Get into Med School"
"Study for the MCAT"

I sometimes feel jazzed up enough to get some work done. And sometimes, my mind just wanders in the creative realm. These are the times I want to:

  • sew a couch cover, pillows,
  • crochet
  • learn to crochet
  • make some scrapbooks
  • buy plants
  • not kill the plants I do have
  • cook
  • learn to make roti
  • read an interesting book
  • watch a movie I've seen over 40 times (French Kiss), make that 60.
  • talk on the phone with old friends and family about memories and laugh until my tummy hurts, or I have to run to the restroom
  • listen to Hasnain's heartbeat
  • pretend like I'm studying while actually blogging
  • do whatever
But this is the time, when I just want to do something other than study. Why?

That whole release your inhibition song, really just puts me at a loss. I need some inhibition. I need to control myself. I need to put away this computer, and just take another practice test.

I will triumph (that's from French kiss, too.)

5 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

You put the signs up!...not friggin HEED to them! Geeeeeeez. YOU ARE THE MCAT!!!!! Center yourself! No more blogging for you, young lady!

M. Rafiq said...

*now friggin heed (not- not friggin heed...typo!)

M. Rafiq said...

I want to buy plants too.. I have never bought a plant for myself..

Liddlelulu said...

Marya, I'll get you a plant, how about one with Daisies? Remember???? NY???

M. Rafiq said...

how bout orchids...white ones...no wait...; dark pink ones!