Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dehydrating Movies

Have you guys ever gone to a movie, and cried so much, you felt a little dehydrated while exiting? Walking DOWN stairs begins to be an exhausting bout of exercise? And then when you've reached the bottom of the movie theater complex, you realize, damn, I need to go to the restroom?

Well, if you were paying attention, you would see that you have lost quite a lot of water throughout those THREE hours you were sitting on your bum wiping your nose on your sleeve, or palm, and waiting for it to dry off in between the comic relief.

I guess this could be generalized to all chick flicks, but more so to Hindi Filums. If you want to go see Kabhi Al Vida Naa Kehna, then take a box of tissues with you. No, actually, a towel would be better. Man, beginning to end. Shirin Bhabi & I were passing a pocket tissue packet back and forth throughout the whole movie, while my husband kept on patronizing me, requesting I try to turn the water-fountain off for a change--Sorry sweety, too late, pipes are busted.

When we walked out, I seriously thought my clothes were a little damp, and Hasnain offered to put them in the dryer when we got home, haha. I lost so much water (especially after the realized, "damn, I need to use the restroom" part, that I really had to get some fluids in me.

Pass me some Gatorade, please.

3 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

Hindi movies are a stupid manipulationo f your feelings. That movie was gay. No need to cry. You're such a cry baby. Tell Hasnain bhai that next time her can go with me, and we'll make fun of whatever hindi movie we see and have a good giggle. :)

M. Rafiq said...

Sorry for all the typos in that last message. I am tired...

Liddlelulu said...

I didn't say the movie was good; I just said I cried. So what if I cried?

Isn't that what music, movies, art, etc. partially do? mess with your feelings? (doesn't have to make you cry, but raise some sort of emotion from you (even if the emotion is an apathetic one!)