Monday, March 05, 2007

Decisions

I cannot think of a time, where I had to make a decision on my own. I mean, I think I've always just followed everyone's advice, and just gone with the flow. I've never really had to go against the grain.

I know a few people who have, and I have MAD respect for them. It's hard. Just thinking about it gives me a headache. I quince at the thought of ever having to do it. But sometimes, it's necessary, as I've seen in some close ones. And not only do I have them on a pedestal, they're standing on it, with head high facing their loved ones as if they've conquered the world!

I kind of believe that. Once you've conquered the domains of yourself, what else is left to fear? Like Delphi said, "Know thyself."

2 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

i love reading about what a nervous, confused wreck you are lately. ;) don't worry, lalaha. you'll be alright. no matter what you do.and stop underestimating yourself. its annoying. youve made bad ass decisions before. and you'd be surprised about how much some of the fam puts YOU up on a pedestal. we just don't sing praises about you to your face. sheesh.

Liddlelulu said...

I see some of the kids at work, and some of them have behaviors that are sooo attention maintained. Then, I look at myself and I laugh, and tell myself my behaviors are attention maintained as well. I'm a big Buruj, is all. That's why I totally think she'll turn out all right (just like me! hahaha)

For reference to Buruj and attention, please see post on
Shy girl turns spotlight Lover

http://superficialwonders.blogspot.com/2006/09/shy-girl-turns-spotlight-lover.html