Monday, March 12, 2007

Sorry Can't Make It, Carry On Without Me.

For a person who was able to make it to mostly everyone's special occasions, ironically, I'm now going to not be able to make it to some of the more important and closest of family events:
In chronological order:

My in-laws visit to Amreeca.
My brother's daughter's 1st B-day party.
My husband's brother's son's graduation party.
My husband's graduation (IA).
AND
Our move to where-ever my husband gets a job.

These are events regarding people who are all with less than 0ne degree of separation from me and/or Hasnain. Literally. Hasnain's mom & dad. My brother. Hasnain's brother. Hasnain!!

On a positive note, at least I'm not missing out on any weddings.

4 comments:

M. Rafiq said...

being there isnt as important as caring and being genuinely happy for them. everything else is geography.

Liddlelulu said...

Yes it does. And it's not all GEOgraphy. Those events become a part of our BIOgraphy.. they settle into memories, and when we're all together again, they're moments of nostalgia and reminiscence.

But yeah, yeah, thanks for understanding.

M. Rafiq said...

Ok, look at the bright side-- atleast you'll be there for MY wedding!!! ("they" can think what "they" want)...

Liddlelulu said...

You are too cute.